You're the Apple of My Eye is full of rustic charm for a baby shower. This theme by Little Dot Company creates a striking and fresh look.
Here is your five step guide to complete the 'You're the Apple of My Eye' look.
1. Location. If you decide to make the most of the summer, a shower in the great outdoors is a great option. A picnic party can be a fun alternative. If you don't live in the countryside it doesn't mean that you can't enjoy a rustic themed baby shower. This style will look just as good in the garden or a park.
2. Decorations. Keep it simple with a banner and bunting. You can attach them to a near by tree or fence. Create an effective centre piece with a wooden crate filled with cuttings from a tree, apples, limes, lemons and white flowers.
3. Partyware. Create a chic, clean and fresh look with white linen for the picnic blanket, white plates, jars and mason jars and jugs to present food and drinks in. You can put by and store up old jam and food jars. As the mummy-to-be might be a little restless sitting on the ground, bring cushions, pillows and deckchairs to make sure she's nice and comfy.
4. Food. A cheeseboard and salad make the perfect menu for a 'You're the Apple of My Eye' baby shower picnic party. Guests can pick at as little or as much as they want of cheeses, olives, breads and crackers. Just be sure to ask the guests if any of them are lactose, gluten or wheat free and provide enough salad and free-from options for their diet.
5. Drinks. Refreshing lemon and lime drinks are fantastic for a warm summers day. Fresh lemonades, sodas and perhaps even some pregnatinis (alcohol free cocktails for baby bellies) and bubbles for those who want to enjoy a tipple or two.